Friday 5 November 2010

Hearts and more Hearts!



















So yesterday and today I have been working on some new hearts. Production has improved by the use of cutters and painting in blocks. With three outlets I need to be more efficient. Am waiting on kiln silts to arrive - at the moment I can only fire 16 at a time.

This picture show hearts unfired and unglazed.

Here are my new designs all fired. I am very pleased with them. Unfortunately my camera doesn't like to do closeups (they come up blurred) so I can only really do wider shots at present.






Heart production in the studio.



Finished items










Here are all my bowls I have produced. I put them together to decide what might go to the gallery.
Each one I have built a relationship with so it is hard to part with them. However as Simon's says I can always make more.












Here are my three "french" coffee mugs (still in production) as commissioned by the gallery. I was concerned how the handles might be but really enjoyed attaching them. I like them a lot.

























He is my wonderful little kiln. He is so good and
works so hard for me!









Here is my wonderful wheel. Simon replaced the broken window (which is not horridly frosted like the others) so that light shines in and also the cat likes to watch. Actually Matilda likes to come in on a daily basis. She stands outside the door and mews until let in and then walks around and then scratches the carpet! At this point she is ask to leave!




Here is fantastic press my wonderful mother found for me!! I just love it and it works brilliantly.

















Here is a rather poor photo of my first print. It is so much better in real life. Infact if you are reading this you will probably get one for Christmas.

If you are enjoying my blog you can leave me a comment or two here ! I love it. Just click on the word comment below and a box will come up to type in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog! (One omission up to now - you have not posted a picture of Matilda! She deserves her moment of fame!) Trust the new kiln was worth the trek to Oxford. I am greatly looking forward to seeing your output in the not too distant future. Lots of love Maman