Monday 15 November 2010

Busy Monday

Funny to start with a cake! This was made at 3 o'clock and is cake of the week. Vanilla sponge with vanilla butter icing ( had to add colouring later due to not finding it at the time) and raspberry jam. Rather good. We ate a quarter of it!

In the morning I painted my funny flat feet things. I have decided that large candles might look good on these.







Here are my new bowls in different stages. Ones on left were thrown today and need turning and the ones on the right need to dry for a bisque firing.

Feeling very enthusiatic due to good sales. Spoke to the lovely Lizzi at the gallery who said what ever you can make we will take! Hurrah!



Here they are close up












Here are Simon's new heads. The one of the right is called "snoring man". He just likes doing heads.



















Thank you everyone who has either left comments or emailed me. Much appreciated your feedback.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just had a run through your blogs. Onwards and upwards, as they say. I like those 'funny flat feet' things! Can just see them with coloured candles. Flora - that cake! Previous experience can tell me how delicious it tastes! It's a shred fresh at present isn't it? My heating is well on! But your fire looks better, doesn't it? Matilda knows where to take the best seat for warmth and comfort! Do enjoy having updates of your work and creations. More power to your throw!! Love Maman xxx