Monday 13 December 2010

I made the Postman Happy!!!!

So Monday morning and another frost but with the sunshine through it, it is truly beautiful.

So it took me so long to download the photos last night I didn't have the energy to right that we had gone on a walk yesterday afternoon to collect stuff for me to make my Christmas Wreath. Last year I went on a Christmas Wreath making morning but had kept the metal frame for this year. Amazingly we found the spagnam moss you need to make your base (as show here - this is a bit like Blue Peter).

Once you have your moss base (this stays moist outside so it last longer - my last wreath lasted six weeks!) you add whatever!!



And guess who is back by popular demand. The postman knocked this morning and instantly remembered the owl. He complained last year when I eventually took the wreath down. He was very pleased to see it back. Also yesterday when we decided to get our tree out of the loft. Simon discover another tree which we had had in our Saffron Walden house. As he is very keen to empty our overladed loft he said this second tree was not going back up. We sorted through our decorations as well and made a bag of spare. This morning I put outside the house the box spare tree plus decs with a note saying "Free tree and decs..... Happy Christmas". Within two hours Simon says a white van turned up and hovered. He could see a child on board.... the next thing everything has gone! Hopefully this has enriched someone elses Christmas too!




I must say myself that I love my special Christmas Wreath. I am particularly in love with the yellow and white lichen covered twigs just about the mushrooms. You can't really see it here but the yellow is very bright and lovely.








Ah yes. Cake of the week turned into Christmas Cake. It will hopefully last two weeks.


Let me know your thoughts on the wreath and cake!










No comments: